Photocup 2023 theme: "loud"
Mensa Photography Competition
The search for the International Mensa Photographer of the Year.
Each year, Mensa Canada holds a photography competition for its members. The winning entries from this competition are put forward to compete internationally for the title of Mensa International Photographer of the Year.
Every year has a different theme to inspire the photographers, with examples like shyness, balance, and optical illusions.
Each year, contest deadlines and other rules are published on this page. Once the winners are announced, their photos will be added to the carousel below to enjoy.
The art of photography is an area where Mensans from over 50 countries with different languages, customs and traditions can converge with a single, visual language! Use your creativity, skills, and technical expertise to produce your entry in this year’s PhotoCup competition.
Contact the PhotoCup Coordinator:
Rodica Ellison email@example.com
The International Mensa
Photographer of the Year could be you!
Rules of the Competition
- There is no entry fee for this competition.
- Every entrant of this competition must be a member in good standing of Mensa Canada, and must remain a member in good standing for the duration of the competition.
- Entrants may submit up to three photos. Each photo should be in JPG/JPEG format and not exceed 2 MB.
- Entries must be received by June 30th, 2023.
- When submitting your photo(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your full name, membership number, e-mail address, and the title(s) of your photo(s).
Do not include any information (e.g., name, title) on your photos as labels/tags.
Any photos you submit must not contain any writing, watermarks, etc.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and photographed wholly by the entrant. AI-generated images will not be accepted. Any such entry will be disqualified, and any member submitting such images will be banned from entering future competitions. The entrant must own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image submitted.
- Any promotion of entries is not allowed.
- The top three entries of the Mensa Canada PhotoCup will be selected by a judging panel organized by Mensa Canada. Entries will be judged on how well they conveyed the theme, on the quality of their composition, as well as technical and other considerations. The decision of the judging panel is final. The winner of the Canadian competition will claim the title, “Mensa Canada Photographer of the Year 2023”.
- The top three entries from Canada will go through to the Mensa International (MI) PhotoCup 2023 Final. The MI PhotoCup 2023 Final judging panel, which includes the MI chairman, will be organized by MI. The decision of the judging panel is final.
- Entrants agree that their photos may be exhibited (and otherwise publicized) nationally and internationally, both inside and outside Mensa, and that their names and countries may also be published.
- Entrants will retain copyright of their photos, but will grant Mensa non-exclusive rights for their publication in Mensa websites, newsletters, social media platforms, journals, photo SIG posters, galleries, exhibitions, and other relevant outlets and events (both virtual and in-person) without any financial reward to the entrant.