The Mensa Supervised Entrance Examination
For candidates 10 years of age and older without prior evidence of their eligibility, we offer a supervised qualifying test for a fee of $90 (or $70 for students providing a valid student ID from an accredited high school, university or college). Group testing sessions are held regularly in cities across Canada. Individuals achieving a qualifying score on the admission test will be invited to join Mensa.
Candidates under 10 years of age are not eligible to take the Mensa entrance test. Please consult the Prior Evidence page for a list of approved alternate tests for use by children. These tests are often conducted by schools, and can also be administered for a fee by a clinical psychologist in your area.
Please note that Mensa Canada provides a letter to candidates indicating only the raw score of the test and whether or not the test results qualify the person for membership – an IQ result is not provided to candidates. If you would like to receive this type of specific information, then you would need to pursue testing through another means, such as a licensed psychologist.
Test fees should be prepaid online, but can be paid by cheque or money order by contacting the national office. Test fees are valid for sessions held within 1 year of purchase date, and proof of payment must be presented to the test proctor at time of testing.
The National Office will send results by email in 6 weeks or less.
Testing can be arranged in many other communities, including:
- Alberta: Calgary, Edmonton
- British Columbia: Burnaby, Campbell River, Grand Forks, Vancouver, North Vancouver, Vancouver Island, Vernon, Victoria, New Westminster
- Manitoba: Winnipeg
- New Brunswick: Fredericton
- Newfoundland and Labrador: St. John’s
- Nova Scotia: Halifax
- Prince Edward Island
- Ontario: Grey-Bruce, Hamilton, Kingston, Kitchener, London, North Glengarry, Ottawa, Thunder Bay, Toronto, Waterloo, Windsor
- Québec: Gatineau (see Ottawa), Montréal, Québec City, Joliette
- Saskatchewan: Saskatoon, Regina
Please use the form here to connect with the proctor closest to you. The selected proctor will contact you to provide more information about the test, location, and availability